On Sunday 15th July we celebrated our sweet 16th birthday in style at the Three Corners Adventure Playground in Clerkenwell. The day was bursting with fun and games for the entire KEEN family to enjoy.
While some ventured on the slides, climbing frames, swings and bouncy castle, others got creative with colourful face painting, slime making and scrumptious biscuit decorating. As the day got hotter and hotter, the water balloons were a particularly popular attraction, before everyone danced along to our very own KEEN London band. We also had the chance to say goodbye to Andy who is leaving North London to begin a teaching career. We’ll miss you, Andy!
It was lovely to see so many families, dedicated supporters and, of course, our incredible coaches. A massive thank you goes to Nicole, Andy, Will and China for organising a fantastic day.
Special birthday thanks also go to:
- Steve helped run the Kitchen
- Erika, Leticia and Avni were arts and crafts team leaders
- Sarah (Desserts Station) prepared fresh belgian waffles
- Guido, Aliss, Hazel and Sarah formed the KEEN house band
- Tanya B helped run the face-painting
- And extra special thanks to Fani, Rowan and Victoria-Anne who spent hours in the hot sun repairing part of the playground so that all the athletes could enjoy it to the full.
See the wonderful video here!