KEEN LONDON SESSION COORDINATOR – NORTH LONDON
Title: KEEN London Session Coordinator – North London. Role commencing September 2018.
Role type: Permanent
Hours:Part-time, 18 hours per week including 9.30am – 5pm every Sunday. 10.5 hours to be split between Monday and Friday (some flexibility allowed).
Salary: £22000–£24000 pro rata dependent on skills and experience
KEEN London Office (Monday and Friday), Unit B11, 3 Bradbury Street, London, N16 8JN
Acland Burghley School (every Sunday during term time), Burghley Road, London, NW5 1UJ
Reporting to: KEEN London Head of Services
The KEEN London Session Coordinator is responsible for the planning and delivery of our weekly sports and games sessions in Tufnell Park, North London. They will work directly with the children and young people with disabilities accessing our service (our athletes) and their families, ensuring that they are well supported by our team of volunteer coaches. The Session Coordinator will also be responsible for delivering our ‘New Experiences’ project in North London, planning 1 offsite trip each term guided by input from athletes.
About KEEN London
Over 100 families across London are members of the KEEN family and we provide over 6,000 hours of supported care to children with disabilities every year.
KEEN London’s vision is that every child has the chance to enjoy sports and leisure activities and none are left behind due to disability.
Delivery of core services
- Ensure the safe and effective running of weekend activity sessions in Tufnell Park, North London (every Sunday during term time)
- Plan, risk assess and deliver at least 1 offsite trip every term
- Act as Child Protection Officer and First Aider for North London activities
- Maintain session equipment
Service Delivery Admin
- Update spreadsheets and databases with Athlete and Volunteer attendance every week
- Monitor session attendance and ensure that capacity is maintained at all times
- Communicate with families about upcoming sessions and other information
- Update existing athlete profiles and create profiles for new athletes
- Liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding volunteer attendance
- Deliver short training to volunteers every week before sessions
- Pair volunteers with athletes every week, matching volunteer’s experience with athlete need
- Support volunteer session leaders in planning and delivering a high quality sports and games programme each week
Required Experience and Skills
|Experience of working with children and young people with disabilities in a play, educational or social care setting||x|
|Experience of managing a team of volunteers||x|
|Experience of leading services and staff, children and young people with disabilities in a play, educational or social care setting||x|
|Abilities and Skills|
|Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection legislation||x|
|Excellent time management skills||x|
|Strong communication skills||x|
|Be able to remain calm in a crisis and handle difficult situations||x|
|Ability to work independently and as part of a team||x|
|Demonstrate a positive attitude and lead by example||x|
|Ability to monitor and maintain safe working practices||x|
We are looking for a committed individual who is outgoing and able to work well under pressure. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, inspirational, dynamic and energetic, with a keen interest in promoting fun, active experiences for children with disabilities.
Many of the children and young people accessing our services are autistic or have a learning disability so we are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with experience in these areas.
KEEN London is a growing organisation and there is potential in the future for this role to expand and grow with us.
The activity coordinator should share KEEN London’s values i.e. inclusive; compassionate and supportive; committed to high standards; trustworthy; respectful; accountable and fun.
This role will be commencing September 2018.
If you would like an informal chat about this role, please contact KEEN London Head of Services, Nicole Curtin on 0207 6863172
Deadline for applications is 12pm on Monday 25 June.