Work with us
Volunteer Programmes Development Manager
If you are passionate about volunteering, this could be the job for you. Our ideal candidate is creative, friendly, enthusiastic, organised, adaptable and approachable.
As the first person a volunteer in KEEN London may meet, the Volunteer Programmes Development Manager will be the face of the organisation. We are at a key stage of strategic development within the organisation and are looking for someone who is keen to have a progressive role in the future of the charity.
We are looking for candidates who share KEEN London’s values i.e. inclusive; compassionate and supportive; committed to high standards; trustworthy; respectful; accountable and fun. We are proud of the difference we make in the lives of children and young people so if you would like to be a part of this, we’d love to hear from you.
Title: KEEN London Volunteer Programmes Development Manager
Role type: Permanent, Full Time Hours: 35 hours PW. Some evening and weekend work (for example, volunteer training or attending young people’s sessions) may be required, and time off in lieu is offered. Open to discussing arrangements for flexible working.
Salary: £28,000 pa
Reports to: Director
KEEN London is a small but growing charity. Our vision is that every child has the chance to enjoy sports and leisure activities and none are left behind due to disability. Demand for our service is high: currently, over 100 families across London are members of the KEEN family and we provide over 6,000 hours of supported care every year to disabled children. As part of a small team, you have the chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with additional needs.
This is a newly created and hugely rewarding role which will sit at the heart of our work. You will support our large group of existing volunteers, and recruit a diverse cohort of volunteers, to help deliver our services. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to build on their volunteer management experience, during an exciting time at KEEN London.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build community and make a difference by recruiting, onboarding, and supporting volunteers.
- Play an integral role in developing volunteer engagement strategies and recognising volunteer achievements.
- Help create fun and fulfilling volunteer experiences by advising on best practices and gathering feedback.
- Gain insight into our services by occasionally attending Saturday activities and events.
- Support KEEN’s mission and have your voice heard by providing input on equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Advance your skills in areas like volunteer management, communications, community building, and event planning.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers to help ensure the smooth operation of our charity.
We’re looking for someone excited to empower volunteers and nurture a positive, welcoming environment. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply!
Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Employee Assistance Programme
Subsidised social events
Subsidised eye tests and glasses
Disability Confident Employer
Season Ticket Loans
Closure of office between Christmas & New Year period
Free tea, coffee and biscuits in the office!
How to Apply
Please contact Debbie Holden – debbie@keenlondon – for a copy of the person & job specification.