KEEN volunteer agreement
KEEN London is dedicated to our volunteers and is committed to providing you with the best possible experience when you get involved. We value volunteers who give their time to help us in our work to support children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
As a volunteer with KEEN London you can expect:
- To be a part of a unique and rapidly expanding charity that is providing a valuable service to children and young people with additional needs.
- To be introduced to how the organisation works and your role within it.
- A supportive and reciprocal environment that ensures a positive experience for you as a volunteer.
- To be invited to volunteer at special events and fundraising activities.
- Reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses.
- To be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect.
- A commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for all volunteers at all opportunities possible.
- Any problems or complaints to be investigated quickly and resolved fairly.
- Recognition for your efforts and successes – celebrating achievements and rewarding loyalty and dedication.
Our expectations of volunteers:
- To maintain and uphold the reputation and good name of the charity.
- To treat other volunteers, staff and service users fairly, with dignity and with respect.
- To ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality and data protection are upheld.
- To provide us with feedback on how we can improve your volunteering experience with the charity.
- To arrive at sessions on time and inform the coordinator via phone call as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
- To attend at least five sessions and a minimum of once a month.
KEEN London child protection policy
As a children’s charity KEEN London takes child protection seriously. If you have any concerns relating to a child (or even a vulnerable adult) — even if they might not indicate actual abuse — please:
Fill in the concern report form as much as you are able (don’t worry if you don’t know all the information — the Child Protection Officer will be able to help you with this)
Contact the Child Protection Officer:
- for North London (Tufnell Park) sessions: Andy Whitby, email@example.com, 07858 899066
- for East London (Hackney) sessions: Nicole Curtin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07720 677157
- for South London (Lambeth) sessions: Will Grant, email@example.com, 07703 468133
If for any reason you’d prefer not to contact the child protection officer for the session concerned, please either contact the child protection officer for a different session, or a member of our Board of Trustees.
Everyone is encouraged to be familiar with our full child protection policy.