KEEN volunteer agreement
KEEN London is dedicated to our volunteers and is committed to providing you with the best possible experience when you get involved. We value volunteers who give their time to help us in our work to support children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
As a volunteer with KEEN London you can expect:
- To be a part of a unique and evolving charity that is providing a valuable service to children and young people with additional needs.
- To be introduced to how the organisation works and your role within it.
- A supportive and reciprocal environment that ensures a positive experience for you as a volunteer.
- To be invited to volunteer at special events and fundraising activities.
- Reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses.
- To be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, (dis)ability, religion or sexual orientation.
- A safe and healthy environment for you to volunteer in.
- Any problems or complaints to be investigated quickly and resolved fairly.
- Recognition for your efforts and successes – celebrating achievements and rewarding loyalty and dedication.
- To receive, if required, a reference after having attended the minimum number of sessions.
Our expectations of volunteers:
- To maintain and uphold the reputation and good name of the charity.
- To treat other volunteers, staff and service users fairly and with dignity, and to respect everyone equally, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, (dis)ability, religion or sexual orientation.
- To ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality and data protection are upheld.
- To uphold our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. This includes ensuring that when out of sight of other adults a ratio of 2 adults to 1 athlete is in place, and that you report any concerns you have about the safety and wellbeing of athletes to the Coordinator as soon as possible.
- To adhere to all health and safety instructions, including precautions to limit the spread of Covid-19.
- To be punctual and reliable when attending sessions, and inform the coordinator via phone call as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
- To attend at least 2 sessions per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- To bring energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn to all sessions.
KEEN London child protection policy
As a children’s charity KEEN London takes child protection seriously. If you have any concerns relating to a child (or even a vulnerable adult) — even if they might not indicate actual abuse — please:
Contact the Child Protection Officer:
- for East London (Hackney) sessions: Viktoria Venkatess, email@example.com, 07720 677157
- for North London sessions (Wembley): Samira Eddaou, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07719565986
- for South London (Lambeth) sessions: Samantha, email@example.com, 07703 468133
- Senior Safeguarding Lead: Debbie Holden, firstname.lastname@example.org, 02076863172
If for any reason you’d prefer not to contact the child protection officer for the session concerned, please either contact the child protection officer for a different session, or a member of our Board of Trustees.
Everyone is encouraged to be familiar with our full child protection policy.